It was constructed during the British occupation period, and then it was handed over to the Egyptian civil aviation authority in 1945.
Egypt air used to organize summer flights regularly at some times between Cairo and Marsa Matrouh, It is used now as civilian and military airport.
It is located 2 km away from the city
· It includes a small terminal with a capacity of 300 passengers per hour, equipped with central air conditioning.
· It contains a runway, designed according to the international standards of 3 meters length and 45 meters width.
· It receives all models of the aircrafts, and also contains an apron for one aircraft.
· The airport receives the aircrafts of the international air traffic, which reaches 41 thousand passengers last year.
Services and facilities:
Internet, banking, scales, missed baggage offices, quarantine, and car parking.