Luxor international airport was handed over to The Egyptian civil aviation authority in May 1946, also the air traffic control and meteorological station were handed over from the British military authority, given the importance of the airport location; it was developed several times, as it's located in the most important archeological area in the world.
The airports is located at about 8 km away from the Luxor city
- The airport is with the capacity of four thousand passengers per hour
- The departure hall with the capacity of 2000 passengers per hour
- The arrival hall with the capacity of 2477 passenger per hour
- The total capacity is 3333 passenger per hour
- The tarmac was developed with a stand for twelve aircrafts of various models
- The total capacity is thirty three aircrafts.
- The surface area of the airport is about 600 Fadden.
Services and facilities:
Mosque, large range of duty free shopping and souvenirs, cafes, restaurants, fast food, baggage packaging, machines, tourism and aviation offices, internet, banking, scales, missed baggage offices, quarantine, and car parking.