It was established in71 instead of (Mankabad) airport, it operates daytime only.
It's located west Assuit town, about 35 km away from it
· The airport includes one runway
· Includes also one tarmac, its capacity is about two medium aircrafts.
· Its capacity is 150 passengers per hour, targeting increasing its capacity; a development plan is being carried out currently.
· In addition, providing the apron with night lighting system to ensure operation 24/24.
· The airport receives different aircraft models, with a stand for three aircrafts at the same time.
Services and facilities:
Mosque, cafes, restaurants, baggage packaging, machines, banking, scales, missed baggage offices, quarantine, and car parking.