El Areesh airport is one of the airports established by the British forces, to facilitate the landing of the aircrafts, at occupation period.
The airport was handed over to the Egyptian civil aviation authority in 1944, it was used by the Egyptian military airbase during Palestine's war and after that till June 1967, at June 1989 and according to the peace agreement with Israel, it was handed over to the Egyptian civil aviation authority, to be operated by the civilian aircrafts.
The airport includes a runway used by the medium lift aircrafts, and a tarmac/
It is located at about 8 km away from el Areesh city
· The airport includes departure and arrival halls with the capacity of 200 passengers per hour
· A runway fitted to be operated nightly
· The airport with a capacity of four medium aircrafts,
· It receives the tourists coming to El Areesh as being a tourism city, in addition to Palestine airways' aircrafts, with a rate of 15 thousand passengers yearly.
Services and facilities:
Mosque, banking, scales, missed baggage offices, quarantine, and car parking.